Thursday, November 5, 2009

11/05/09

Much to my surprise, and it started out unintentionally, my dietary consumption yesterday was nearly 100% Primal. Aside from my my morning indulgence in High Quality Coffee with a small amount of sugar and coffeemate, everything else was spot on! It was about as close to perfection as I get.

The beauty of The Primal Blueprint is that perfection is not the goal. As it's creator always points out, "Don't let perfect be the enemy of good." If 80% of my dietary intake is "Primal" and I'm maintaining the a low carb intake, it's all good! Last year I was close to 90% on a pretty consistent basis, and it showed!!!

Also, what I take in on any given day is not important, so long as my weekly/monthly intake is in the range. This allows for occasional indulgences in I would not normally eat, or overindulgence's in things I already enjoy, such as Quality Craft Brew.

So in addition to intake yesterday, the timing was also perfect. My last meal was at 5pm, I consumed no evening alcohol, nor did I snack - I went all the way until 8:30am this morning without a food (aside from my coffee @ 8am), so my body was in full-blown fat burning mode for 12-15 hours. Intermittent Fasting can work wonders!

I expect my food intake today to be very similar to yesterday.

No gym today, but I did get a 40 minute walk in this morning

No comments:

Post a Comment