Monday, June 1, 2009

05/31/09

As usual, I got up early. I was up at 3am for no good reason, especially since I was off. I fasted until 9am, and I had an excellent omelet with extra poblano chilies, and 3 slices of bacon.

I was feeling tired from lack of sleep, and a long week with less sleep than I should be getting, but I went to the gym at 11am to get in my Day 3: Max Effort Lower Body. It was a great workout!!! - I LOVE Max Effort Days and going HEAVY! It's a nice change of pace from the MetCon/Circuit Training routines and the 5x5 or 3x8 routines. I don't get winded, and I almost don't feel like I'm doing enough, but I resist the urge do to more or shorten the breaks between sets.

We have a chart at the gym that shows weight progressions: i.e. if you can do 5 reps with 195, your 3 rep weight is 210 and your 1 rep weight is 230. This is what I used as a guideline for the 5x5, 2x3, 3x1 progression for the day. On the 3x1's I did 230, 235, and 240 - mind you these are DEEP squats, not the 90 degree "partial" squats I did 340 with previously. So 240 is my current best. By the 3rd cycle it should be higher. Not too shabby for a 158-160lb medium-framed ectomorph

As for diet, I had a small portion of chicken and veggies post workout, and I had a small chicken salad shortly thereafter while catching some rays at the pool. It was at this point that I realized I forgot to to the 5x5 Total Body Movement - I must have been tired!!!

When I got back home, I ate a Fage Total Greek yogurt with blueberries, then 18 cherries (yay, cherries are back in season), and a bunch of cashews - I was suddenly ravenous.

I then passed out on the sofa, and slept for 11 hours...I needed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment