Monday, March 9, 2009

Rick's Primal Pancakes

  • 1 Egg
  • 1/4 cup Almond Meal
  • 1/4 cup of Coconut Milk
  • 1/8 t Cinnamon
  • 1/8 t Vanilla Extract
  • 1t Baking Powder
Mix it all together until a batter forms. Pour the batter onto a buttered or greased skillet. Cook over medium heat until both sides are golden brown. Serve with berries. Makes one serving.

I usually add 5-6 Toasted Pecan halves to the batter (toast them in a skillet first and then crumble them) - Yummy!!!! When I use pecans, I sometimes substitute maple extract/flavoring for the cinnamon and vanilla extract.

[EDIT] The original pancakes WERE a bit on the thin side, but the baking powder that I added to the recipe above took care of that!

The following image from fitday is WITHOUT the pecans:

2 comments:

  1. I just tried your recipe. Delicious! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!! I added a little extra cinnamon and made a Strawberry syrup with strawberries and raw honey...delicious!

    ReplyDelete