Thursday, January 22, 2009

Today I Went Primal

I went PRIMAL on Jan 22, 2009. By that I mean that I started following "The Primal Blueprint" created by Mark Sisson.

This blog will be used to record my daily activities, diet choices, new recipes, and my body's transformation.

As of 1/22/09, I was at 200lbs - down 5 lbs from Dec 27, 2008, when I finally recovered from the numerous non-work related injuries I sustained throughout the year, and started exercising again. During my injury-induced inactivity period, I put on a quite a bit of bodyfat, and lost a lot of hard-earned muscle mass. I am disgusted with the way I look and feel, especially when you consider my profession as a trainer. I know it was injury related, but try explaining that to prospective clients! I'm was so disgusted, that I could not even bring myself to take a "before" picture. Let's just say, I had a huge disgusting beer gut measuring 44"

Anyway, I found The Primal Blueprint accidentally, and my original intent was to look at it, rip it to shreds, and move on. What I found, blew me away. After reading everything I could about it (and the similar Paleo Diet) over the course of 3 weeks, I decided to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment