Thursday, February 26, 2009

2/26/09

02/25/09: Advanced Corrective Routine

---

02/26/09, Day 50:
So, I was up at 2am today - UGH!!! By 4am I was feeling like crap - I felt like I might be coming down with the flu or something. I've been feeling like I've been fighting something off for the last 3 days actually.

Anyway, I ate a big omelet & bacon for breakfast and felt a little better. I was still debating whether I was feeling well enough to workout, especially since the scheduled workout was "Legs - Strength". Anyone lifting for a while knows how demanding the "Heavy" Leg day is

So I make my recover drink just in case, and I go and train 2 clients. After that, I head over to the gym and decide to give it a go. All it took was one warm-up set of super deep squats, and I was feeling good. I just kept adding weight after every set. When it was all said and done, I did 8 sets of 5 reps, and I maxed out at 300lbs on Barbell Squats!!! This is the most weight I have done since November 2007. The funny thing is, I think I could have done a bit more - haha

So instead I went and did Deadlifts - 6 sets of 5 reps of Deadlifts, also ascending to 300lbs...without straps. I found a trap bar in the back storage room, and I find that much more comfortable for Deadlifts, especially on the lower back.

So there it is: I go from feeling dizzy and weak right into my strongest effort in 16 months!

I drank my recovery drink while cooling down and stretching, drove home, sat down for 5 minutes, and fell asleep sitting straight up - hahahaha. Then took a nice 2 hour nap. Did I mention I feel great right now? All the heavy lifting seems to have made my left shoulder happy as well...for now...go figure :D

---

I guess the point is, if you are ever in doubt, WORK OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment